最新上海龙凤shlf

first_img Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago in Daily Dose, Featured, Headlines Nicole Casperson is the Associate Editor of DS News and MReport. She graduated from Texas Tech University where she received her M.A. in Mass Communications and her B.A. in Journalism. Casperson previously worked as a graduate teaching instructor at Texas Tech’s College of Media and Communications. Her thesis will be published by the International Communication Association this fall. To contact Casperson, e-mail: [email protected]  Print This Post 2017-10-25 Nicole Casperson Recognizing Challenges and Taking Action October 25, 2017 1,319 Views Sign up for DS News Daily The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Related Articles Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Previous: David Stevens Announces Retirement After 6 Years Helming the MBA Next: Trustees Triumph About Author: Nicole Casperson Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago Share Save DS News talks with Robert Klein, Founder and Chairman of Safeguard Properties and SecureView to discuss some of the challenges the industry is facing recovering from the recent hurricanes, along with a solution moving forward. What’s the first thing the industry needs to do in order to be more prepared for natural disasters in the future? What can housing professionals learn from this? See the exclusive interview here. Home / Daily Dose / Recognizing Challenges and Taking Action The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Subscribelast_img read more

first_img11:30 a.m.: WHO announces effort to accelerate vaccinesDr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the director general of the World Health Organization, announced that his agency was launching a new effort to accelerate the fight against the virus. Tedros said in a briefing that the effort will bring together health groups and private sector partners to find a vaccine and ensure the public has access to it. “This is a landmark collaboration to accelerate the development, production and equitable distribution of vaccines, diagnostics, and therapeutics for COVID-19,” the director general said.The partnership for the ACT Accelerator includes the help of French President Emmanuel Macron, EU President Ursula von der Leyen and Bill and Melinda Gates.“We are facing a common threat, which we can only defeat with a common approach,” Tedros said.11:08 a.m.: US death toll surpasses 50KThe death toll in the United States has surpassed 50,000, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.There are now at least 50,031 deaths in the country, the data shows.The grim milestone was reached Friday morning, five days after the number of fatalities hit 40,000.The U.S. has the highest death toll in the world and the most number of cases.10:46 a..m: Stay-at-home order extended in MichiganMichigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has extended the state’s stay-at-home order through May 15.The order was previously set to end on April 30.The new order will require people to wear homemade, non-medical face coverings when entering enclosed public spaces, such as grocery stores, according to a statement from Whitmer’s office. People will not face criminal penalties for going out without a mask, her office said.Some restrictions will also be eased. Nurseries, landscaping and lawn-service companies can reopen, but social distancing must be maintained, according to Whitmer’s office. Retailers that do not sell necessary supplies will also be allowed to reopen for curbside pick-up and for delivery.Motorized boating and golf will be allowed, but using golf carts is still prohibited. Individuals will also be allowed to travel between their residences, but her office noted that “such travel during the epidemic is strongly discouraged.”“With new COVID-19 cases leveling off, however, we are lifting some of the restrictions put in place in the previous order,” Whitmer said. “I want to be crystal clear: the overarching message today is still the same. We must all do our part by staying home and staying safe as much as possible.”10:31 a.m.: NYC mayor says all COVID metrics are downNew York City Mayor Bill de Blasio on Friday offered what he called “just plain good news” on the virus’s spread in the city.De Blasio said all indicators — hospitalizations, ICU admittances and percent of the population that tested positive — were all down.Daily hospitalizations of people with suspected COVID-19 went down from 227 to 176, which the mayor called a “serious decline.” The number of people admitted to ICUs on a daily basis decreased from 796 to 786 and the citywide percentage of people who tested positive went from 32% to 30%.De Blasio also spoke about the disproportionate ways the virus appears to affect communities of color. His Equity Action Plan includes active testing sites in those communities and advertisements that are broadcasted in 15 languages in 88 zip codes.He said even after the pandemic ends, New Yorkers can never “look away” from these disparities.10:03 a.m.: NY hydroxy trials deliver inconclusive resultsTrials of a malaria drug that was touted by President Donald Trump for treating COVID-19 delivered inconclusive results in New York, according to the head of the research team.There was not a “statistically significant difference” between patients who took hydroxychloroquine and those who did not, David Holtgrave, dean of the University at Albany School of Public Health, told ABC News.During CNN’s coronavirus town hall on Thursday night, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo backed that up, saying the drug “was not seen as a positive, not seen as a negative.” 8:59 a.m.: South Korea reports no deaths, only six new casesFor the first time in a month, South Korea has reported no new deaths from COVID-19 in the last 24 hours, according to the Center for Disease Control (KCDC). There were also only six new cases as of Friday, the KCDC reported. The total number of confirmed cases in South Korea is at least 10,708, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.7:16 a.m.: Lysol company says don’t ingest its products to fight coronavirusReckitt Benckiser, the company that makes Lysol, said you should not inject or ingest any of its products as a potential treatment for the coronavirus. This statement follows a press briefing Thursday in which President Donald Trump seemed to muse that UV light and disinfectants could maybe combat COVID-19.“We must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route),” the company said in a statement.RB, without specifically mentioning Trump or the press briefing, said it felt compelled to put out a statement because of “recent speculation and social media activity … whether internal administration of disinfectants may be appropriate for investigation or use as a treatment for coronavirus.”“Then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute,” Trump said during Thursday’s White House Coronavirus Task Force briefing. “And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs so it would be interesting to check that.”His comments came after a Department of Homeland Security official said their research found that ultraviolet rays and disinfectants like bleach and isopropyl alcohol work well against the virus.6:15 a.m.: Georgia governor defends opening some nonessential businessesGeorgia Gov. Brian Kemp defended his controversial plan to open some nonessential businesses on Friday, despite criticism from President Donald Trump.Kemp said he’s followed federal safety guidelines and that now is the time to start reopening the state’s economy.“Now, with favorable data and approval from state health officials, we are taking another measured step forward by opening shuttered businesses for limited operations,” Kemp tweeted Thursday night. “I know these hardworking Georgians will prioritize the safety of their employees and customers. Together, we will weather this storm and emerge stronger than ever.”Trump said Kemp went too far in opening some of the state’s businesses.“I want him to do what he thinks is right,” Trump said during a press briefing Wednesday. “But … I think (opening) spas and beauty salons and tattoo parlors and barbershops in Phase One … it’s just too soon.”In addition, Kemp released new requirements through executive order, detailing how various businesses can begin reopening again starting on Friday and Monday. Some requirements include that restaurants must post signs saying no one with symptoms of COVID-19 can enter.Georgia has at least 21,883 diagnosed cases of COVID-19, with at least 881 deaths.3:30 a.m.: China reports no new COVID-19 deaths for ninth straight dayChina reported no new deaths from the novel coronavirus for the ninth consecutive day on Friday.There were also only six new cases of COVID-19, two of which were brought into the country from overseas, according to China’s National Health Commission.Since the virus was first detected in the city of Wuhan back in December, the Chinese mainland has reported 82,804 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 4,632 deaths.Hospitals were still treating 915 patients with confirmed cases as of Friday morning, including 57 who are listed in serious condition, according to the National Health Commission. Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. All rights reserved. narvikk/iStockBy MORGAN WINSOR, WILLIAM MANSELL and ELLA TORRES, ABC News(NEW YORK) — A pandemic of the novel coronavirus has now killed more than 190,000 people worldwide.Over 2.7 million people across the globe have been diagnosed with COVID-19, the disease caused by the new respiratory virus, according to data compiled by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. The actual numbers are believed to be much higher due to testing shortages, many unreported cases and suspicions that some governments are hiding the scope of their nations’ outbreaks.Since the first cases were detected in China in December, the United States has become the worst-affected country, with more than 869,000 diagnosed cases and at least 50,031 deaths. Here’s how the news is developing Friday. All times Eastern:last_img read more

first_imgThe ASEAN Para Sports Federation (APSF) has indefinitely postponed the 10th ASEAN Para Games, which were set to take place from Mar. 21 to 27 in the Philippines, amid concerns over the coronavirus outbreak.The federation’s board of governors secretary Osoth Bhavilai said in a letter to the Indonesian National Paralympic Committee that Philippine Paralympic Committee president Michael Barredo had written to the APSF president requesting the postponement of the international sporting event, citing concerns over the ongoing threat of the novel coronavirus in the Philippines.“In the interest of public health, safety and security, we write to respectfully inform you of the board’s decision to strongly recommend the indefinite postponement of the 2020 ASEAN Para Games, given the risks presented by this novel coronavirus health crisis,” Barredo wrote in the letter. After careful deliberation among executive committee members regarding “the physical and emotional well-being of all participating para athletes and staff”, Bavilai said the majority of the members agreed that the 10th ASEAN Para Games hosted by the Philippines should be postponed indefinitely, with possible reconsideration within the year if the coronavirus outbreak could be effectively contained.Read also: Minister: ‘Not sending athletes to Manila Paragames an option if things get worse’This is the second time the 10th ASEAN Para Games have been postponed. The ASEAN Para Games Committee previously announced that the games, which were supposed to take place in the Philippines in January, would be delayed until March for technical reasons.The Philippines reported the first death outside of China from the novel coronavirus on Feb. 2, as reported by AFP. The person who died in the Philippines was a Chinese man coming from Wuhan, the outbreak’s epicenter, the World Health Organization (WHO) said.In late January, the Philippines stopped issuing visas on arrival to Chinese nationals, in a bid to keep the southeast Asian nation free of the deadly virus.Topics :last_img read more

first_imgFrom now on, the AP funds’ carbon footprints will be calculated as of 31 December each year, starting with the current year, based on the most recent carbon dioxide data available for direct emissions, as well as indirect emissions from purchased energy.AP1, AP2, AP3, AP4 and AP7 will calculate the carbon footprints for their listed equities portfolios, based on the size of their equity interest, while AP6, whose brief is to invest in private equity, will report those indicators for its non-listed portfolio based on its equity interests.The funds AP1 to AP4 and AP6 serve the function of buffer funds within the pension system, while AP7 provides the default choice within Sweden’s premium pension system.The AP funds said the new reporting system would use the three most common indicators for carbon footprint reporting.These include the absolute carbon footprint for equities portfolios, corresponding to the percentage of total emissions equivalent to the fund’s equity interest in a company; carbon intensity, where the absolute carbon footprint is related to the fund’s equity interest in the company’s market value; and carbon intensity, where the absolute carbon footprint compares with the fund’s equity interest in the company’s revenue.In addition to these three indicators, the funds said they would also report on the proportion of capital assets assessed, as well as the amounts based on reported and estimated carbon dioxide emissions data.The AP funds have already been active in analysing and reporting their carbon footprints, as well as promoting the practice within the industry generally.AP3 said a recent analysis of the footprint of its listed shareholdings, properties and forestry showed these investments to be almost carbon-neutral, while AP4 said it was decarbonising its entire equity portfolio over the next 2-3 years.A year ago, AP4’s chief executive Mats Andersson presented the Portfolio Decarbonisation Coalition project to the UN General Assembly.AP2, meanwhile, was one of first institutional investors to measure the carbon emissions related to its portfolio, having scrutinised global equity holdings back in 2009. Sweden’s national AP Pension funds have all agreed to coordinate the way they report the carbon footprints of their investment portfolios, using a common system centred around three indicators.The six funds – AP1, AP2, AP3, AP4, AP6 and AP7 – said the move was aimed at increasing transparency and improving assessment of their work on climate issues.In a joint statement, they said: “As long-term owners and managers of Swedish pension assets, the AP Funds have a responsibility to generate maximum possible benefit for the Swedish pension system through responsible investment and management.”The funds, currently awaiting a political decision on the reform of the entire buffer-fund system, said they had been given the job of investing and managing their investments in a sustainable manner.last_img read more

first_img“We are delighted that our newly commissioned 36-metre SATV is now servicing Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy in Taiwan,” said Peter Chew, Managing Director of PSA Marine. The joint venture of PSA Marine and its Taiwanese partner Ta Tong Marine Group took delivery of the 36-meter purpose-built SATV earlier this year. Ventus Marine’s service accommodation transfer vessel (SATV) Ventus Formosa has begun its charter on the Formosa 1 offshore wind project in Taiwan. The wind farm comprises two Siemens Gamesa 4 MW turbines and 20 Siemens Gamesa 6MW turbines. The vessel was built by the Penguin Shipyard in Singapore and designed by the UK BMT. It offers 12 single cabins and is said to be capable of staying offshore for at least seven days. Formosa 1 comprises the 8 MW Formosa 1 Phase 1, inaugurated in May 2017, and the 120 MW Formosa 1 Phase 2 which was officially commissioned at the end of 2019. “It combines both offshore accommodation for technicians, with a fast and efficient vessel that can transfer technicians directly onto an offshore wind turbine without the need for a complicated motion compensated gangway system.” Source: PSA Marine Ventus Formosa is in charge of providing operations and maintenance support for Siemens Gamesa at what is Taiwan’s first commercial-scale offshore wind farm.last_img read more