无锡LF论坛

first_imgTrending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:44Manny Pacquiao on Floyd Mayweather: Let him enjoy retirement01:49Pacquiao to Mayweather: Want fans to stop asking for rematch? Then fight me again02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Pacquiao threw shade at Mayweather’s latest conquest with a new year’s resolution.READ: Floyd Mayweather clobbers Japanese kickboxer for TKO win FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back Chriss“Here is an early New Year’s resolution. To continue to only fight experienced opponents who are my size or bigger,” tweeted boxing’s only eight-division champion who’s busy training for his WBA World welterweight title defense against Adrien Broner.Clearly, Pacquiao wasn’t talking about himself. View comments Phivolcs: Slim probability of Taal Volcano caldera eruption Pacquiao’s tweet was meant for Mayweather and a retweet that featured a video of a goat knocking down a kid captioned “The Mayweather/Tenshin fight is the funniest thing I’ve seen” immediately followed up Pacman’s tweet.READ: Manny Pacquiao teases Floyd Mayweather rematch Mayweather, Pacquiao, and Broner are all welterweights while Nasukawa, who’s fighting in his first boxing match, weighs 121 lbs and is lighter by 26 lbs than the three boxers.Needless to say, it was a fighting farce between Mayweather and Nasukawa.Mayweather, a five-division World champion, floored Nasukawa thrice in the opening round prompting the Japanese fighter’s corner to throw in the towel.ADVERTISEMENT Japeth Aguilar embraces role, gets rewarded with Finals MVP plum Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors torch Phoenix Suns (L-R): CEO of Mayweather Promotions Leonard Ellerbe, WBC/WBA welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr., WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao, and Top Rank Founder and CEO Bob Arum pose during a news conference at the KA Theatre at MGM Grand Hotel & Casino on April 29, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Mayweather and Pacquiao will face each other in a unification bout on May 2, 2015 in Las Vegas. AFP PHOTO / JOHN GURZINSKI / AFP PHOTO / JOHN GURZINSKIMANILA, Philippines—Years have already changed but the rivalry between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather has not.After Mayweather destroyed Japanese kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in exhibition-boxing match in Japan on New Year’s Eve, Manny Pacquiao couldn’t let it pass.ADVERTISEMENT No.13 lucky for Orlando Bloom LATEST STORIES Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college MOST READ ‘Mia’: Rom-com with a cause a career-boosting showcase for Coleen Garcia Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. After winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folklast_img read more

first_imgPre-orders for Samsung Electronics Co Ltd’s flagship Galaxy S8 smartphone have exceeded those of its predecessor S7, mobile business chief Koh Dong-jin said on Thursday, suggesting many consumers were unfazed by last year’s Galaxy Note 7 fires.The S8, which begin sales in South Korea, the United States and Canada on April 21, will be central to the South Korean firm’s recovery from the swift withdrawal of the Note 7 phablet.The new device has been well-received, and some investors and analysts said it could set a first-year sales record for the smartphone giant.”It’s still a bit early, but initial response to the pre-orders that have begun at various places across the world have been better than expected,” Koh said at a media briefing.The S8 will be the safest Galaxy smartphone to date due to safety measures implemented to avoid the battery failures that caused some Note 7s to spontaneously combust, he said.Analysts expect Samsung to record its best-ever quarterly profit in April-June, buoyed by strong S8 sales and a memory chip market boom that is widely expected to deliver record revenue for the industry this year.Also Read: Samsung says Galaxy S8, S8+ are already a hitThe new device, equipped with either 5.8-inch or 6.2-inch (14.73 cm or 15.75 cm) curved screens, sports the largest screens to date among all of Samsung’s flagship phones due to a redesign.Koh also said the firm plans to use the S8 to try to recover in China, where Samsung has been out of the top five vendors in recent years due to heightened competition from local rivals such as Huawei Technologies Co Ltd.advertisementHe said Samsung will aim to regain market share in China even if it takes time, without elaborating on specific strategies.last_img read more