上海外菜会所

first_img Help by sharing this information RSF_en December 2, 2020 Find out more Organisation The appeal court in Lisbon has given the go-ahead for the courts to examine the computers of two journalists on the daily newspaper 24 Horas, rejecting their appeal on the grounds of the right to protect their sources.The court on 6 April 2006 dismissed the appeal by Eduardo Oliveira and Jorge Van Krieken, against analysis of their laptop computers, which were seized on 18 February. The two had obtained an injunction against the order, made by Judge Alfredo Costa.Lawyer for the two journalists, Barros Figueiredo, said they would take an appeal to the Supreme Court.Prosecutor-General Souto Mora said that the investigation into the case known as “Envelope Nine”- relating to a high-level child sex abuse scandal – the name taken from an article on the case written by the two journalists, was “almost complete”. All that remained was to analyse what information they had.The newspaper’s editor, Pedro Tadeu, said that the two had lodged a second appeal condemning searches at the newspaper and at the home of Jorge Van Krieken, who is a freelance, and asserting that the confiscation of the computers was “illegal”. ———-29 March 2006Judicial authorities urged to respect the right of journalists to protect sourcesReporters Without Borders voiced its support today for two journalists with the daily newspaper 24 Horas, Jorge Van Krieken and Joaquim Eduardo Oliveira, who are being prosecuted for publishing the list of owners of phone numbers of public figures who may have been investigated in connection with major, long-running paedophile scandal.A criminal investigative court in Lisbon ordered the seizure of their computers on 28 February, accusing them of “illegal access to personal data” under article 44 of the criminal code because of a report in 24 Horas on 13 January claiming that a total of 80,000 phone calls by senior government officials had been recorded in the Casa Pia child abuse affair. Among the owners of phone numbers obtained from Portugal Telecom that were cited in the report was the president. Their computers were confiscated in a raid on the newspaper on 16 February.“We offer our support to the reporters and editors of 24 Horas, who have been the victims of a violation of the principle of confidentiality of sources,” Reporters Without Borders said. “We call on the judicial authorities to accept that journalists have this right. It should take precedence over the crime attributed to Van Krieken and Oliveira by the investigating judge, namely, publishing Portugal Telecom files, which is anyway very minor in comparison with the information they exposed in a serious matter of great public interest.”The press freedom organisation added: “The Casa Pia affair is such a judicial mess that we see no justification for violating the confidentiality of these two journalists’ sources, and we invoke article 38-2 of Portugal’s constitutional, dealing with press freedom, as grounds for respecting this right.”The Casa Pia scandal erupted in 2002 when the Portuguese press began reporting sexual abuse allegations by about 100 children and adolescents in the Casa Pia network of homes for orphans and children in need of care. In the course of nearly 30 years, several hundreds of these children were allegedly handed over to prominent people and sexually abused.The first pedophilia trial began on 23 September 2003. A second trial opened on 25 November 2004. Leading figures from the world of television and politics have been convicted. The investigations are continuing.Around 100 journalists recently signed a petition urging the government to support press freedom, which has suffered as a result of the affair. They are due to be received tomorrow by the parliamentary commission on rights and freedoms. The two 24 Horas journalists have appealed against the investigation judge’s decision authorising access to their sources. A court has agreed to hear their appeal. Meanwhile, they are due to appear before an assize court soon. RSF and 60 other organisations call for an EU anti-SLAPP directive Ten RSF recommendations for the European Union Follow the news on Portugal PortugalEurope – Central Asia April 26, 2006 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Court rejects journalists’ appeal against allowing courts to examine their computers PortugalEurope – Central Asia to go further News Related documents ler em portuguêsPDF – 117.06 KB June 2, 2021 Find out more November 23, 2020 Find out more News Receive email alerts News News Use the Digital Services Act to make democracy prevail over platform interests, RSF tells EUlast_img read more

first_imgThe systematics of the deep-sea cirrate octopod genus Opisthoteuthis Verrill in the Atlantic Ocean is reviewed. Comparisons, based on examination of all extant type material and new, reported and unreported material collected in recent years from the Atlantic, show the presence of five species: Opisthoteuthis agassizii Verrill 1883, O. grimaldii (Joubin, 1903), O. massyae (Grimpe, 1920) and two new species, O. calypso and O. hardyi, which are described. Opisthoteuthis agassizii, distributed only in the western North Atlantic, is redescribed, and a neotype is designated for the presumed lost holotype. Opisthoteuthis grimaldii, distributed in the East Atlantic and possibly also in the western North Atlantic, and O. massyae, distributed in the East Atlantic are also redescribed and junior synonyms listed. Opisthoteuthis calypso, found in the East Atlantic and O. hardyi, known only from a single specimen from the SW Atlantic are described. New morphometric data for O. agassizii, O. massyae and O. grimaldii are given. Illustrations, geographical distributions and a review of the biological information for all five species are provided.last_img read more

first_imgNational Life Group,AM Best Co has affirmed its A (Excellent) financial strength ratings for National Life Insurance Company and Life Insurance Company of the Southwest, the two insurance companies of National Life Group. In addition, the rating firm upgraded the issuer credit ratings for the two companies from ‘a’ to ‘a+.’ The two ratings evaluate different aspects of a financial services company. The traditional financial strength rating is designed to provide an opinion of a company’s ability to meet its policyholder obligations. The insurer credit rating is an opinion of the company’s ability to meet its senior obligations. ‘Taken together these two ratings send a clear message of our financial strength,’ said Mehran Assadi, president and CEO of National Life Group. ‘I am especially pleased by A.M. Best’s upgrade of our insurer credit ratings.’ In a press release announcing its decision, A.M. Best said, ‘The rating actions reflect National Life’s favorable financial performance over the last several years despite a difficult economic environment.’ ‘National Life’s ratings recognize its consistent operating performance, continued conservative risk profile and diverse distribution channels,’ said the Best press release. ‘The company also benefits from its competitive positions in the indexed universal life (UL) insurance and 403(b) indexed annuity markets, as well as its good expense management.’ Assadi said, ‘The fact that we remain strong after 163 years is no accident. Our strength as a company comes from our ability to react to today and plan for tomorrow.’last_img read more

first_imgMessages of congratulations were read out from MP Jay Hill, MLA Blair Lekstrom, and from the McNaught Homestead Preservation Society and Beaverlodge and Area Cultural Society. To complete the festivities, Mark Wilfur of Talisman Energy was on hand to present a much appreciated cheque to the Museum Foundation for its ongoing palaeontology projects, the development of the new Dinosaur Discovery Gallery, and its educational programs. An enthusiastic crowd of 150 gathered for the long-anticipated opening of new museum exhibits in the Tumbler Ridge Community Centre on Thursday November 26th at noon. The exhibits, developed by the Tumbler Ridge Museum Foundation, were funded by the Women, Seniors and Elders Project of the BC150 celebrations, in partnership with the BC Museums Association and the District of Tumbler Ridge.One exhibit celebrates the remarkable art of Euphemia “Betty” McNaught, likely the most famous artist the Peace Region has produced. Reproductions of twenty four of her pioneering paintings in British Columbia grace one well-lit wall, along with text paneles and photographs of her from childhood to her later years. Betty McNaught lived to be 100, and her art spanned almost the whole twentieth century; she trained in Ontario where her style was influenced by members of the Group of Seven, and settled in Beaverlodge, where she became an inspiration and living legend.The second celebrates Janet Hartford, the esteemed “Matriarch of Tumbler Ridge”, who has done so much for the community since its inception 27 years ago. In addition to the unveiling of text panels and photographs that detail her remarkable life and volunteerism, a specially commissioned painting of Janet by renowned local artist Joan Zimmer was unveiled by Mayor-Elect Larry White. One of Janet and her husband George’s most cherished contributions to Tumbler Ridge was the creation of the Indoor Playground, so it was most appropriate that this magnificent portrait of Janet directly overlooks this forever busy destination for kids in town.- Advertisement -The joyous ceremony began with a remarkable unveiling by another immensely talented Tumbler Ridge artist, Rita Henderson. “Ancient pathways – The Hunters” (oil on wood) is an 8’ x 4’ mural depicting a First Nations mountain scene in the Tumbler Ridge area from 5000 years ago. This superb work of art completes another Museum Foundation exhibit in the Community Centre, also funded by BC150. Lunch followed, with those present enthralled by the art and exhibits on display, and appreciative of the opportunity to partake in the recognition of such special people. Thanks to the support of BC150, five permanent exhibits have been created in the Tumbler Ridge Community centre, and together these enhancements provide a unique celebration of heritage for residents and visitors alike.Advertisementlast_img read more

first_imgThe Donegal Dublin Business Network members enjoyed a wine tasting and networking evening at the Magee store in Dublin on June 14th. The members gathered at the Magee flagship store on South Anne Street to taste and learn about wine with Tindal Wine Merchants.The stylish setting of Magee 1866, a luxury clothing brand with firm roots in Donegal, combined with a buzzing atmosphere was the ideal mix for networking, a key objective of DDBN. The Donegal Dublin Business Network was established in January 2017 with the view to encouraging Donegal business people based in Dublin to network, refer business and to share contacts with each other.Those interested in becoming members of the DDBN are advised to email [email protected] or contact the group through LinkedIn and Twitter @DDBN2017. Visit www.donegaldublinbusinessnetwork.comAnne Harkin (Mason Hayes and Curran), Elaine Caffrey (Capita and Universal Floral Limited), Niamh Rodgers (Mason Hayes and Curran)John Gildea (Owens DDB), Conal Gallagher (Gallagher TV, Rathmines)Ciaran Doherty (Law Library), Damian O’Donohue (Magee 1866)Ronan Dillon (AbbVie), Charlotte Temple (Magee 1866) Pic Special: Donegal Dublin Business Network mix casual style and conversation at Magee 1866 was last modified: June 21st, 2017 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BusinessDDBNDonegal Dublin Business networkeventsmagee of donegalNetworkinglast_img read more

first_imgThe Inishowen winners last monthLADY Lotto Luck has struck Donegal again.Someone has just pocketed a lovely €350,000 on the Lotto Plus One draw tonight.No-one won the main lottery which rolls over again – to well over €4M next Wednesday night. But someone here did take the Top Prize of the €350,000 in Lotto Plus One.So get those tickets out and check those Winning Numbers.They are: 1 22 30 32 36 39 – Bonus Number was 6“There was one winning ticket for the Lotto Plus 1 top prize and the winning ticket was sold in the North West,” said a lottery spokeswoman. The win follows the success last month of a lucky 13 in a work syndicate in Malin Head. They each won €374,000!  SOMEONE IN DONEGAL HAS JUST WON €350,000 ON THE LOTTO was last modified: October 5th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:000lotteryLotto Plus One€350last_img read more