He said that he leaves on thediscretion of the mayors about the possibilities of the cancellation offestivals in their respective localities relative to the local spread ofCOVID-19. Lacson appealed to the public tofollow protocol set by health authorities that includes bringing of alcohol andhand sanitizers aside from wearing mask for health protection. BACOLOD City – The staging of thisyear’s Panaad Festival in Negros Occidental might be cancelled amid growing fears overthe continued increase in coronavirus disease cases in the country. Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson is set to meet this week chief executives of various towns and cities in the province to decide the fate of the weeklong festivity slated on April 20 to 26. “However we will not sacrificethe health of our constituents. We will be willing to postpone or cancel theevent if the need arises. The health and well-being of Negrenses is my utmostconcern and priority,” he said./PN The annual Panaad sa Negros Festivalis considered as the mother of all festivals. Lacson said he is waiting for theguidelines from the national state in relation to the public health emergencydeclaration. During the launching of the PanaadFestival last month, Lacson has already said the province will continuepreparing for Panaad 2020 and that they will not allow the condition whichmight not exist in April dampen its spirit. Lacson also alerted barangay officialsto closely monitor their respective areas especially people who just arrivedfrom other virus-hit countries like China, Hongkong, Korea, Macau, Taiwan andeven Italy where there has been a surge of COVID-19 cases.
← Previous Post: Cadiao: Penalize people discriminating Antique frontliners
Next Post: Wayward car plows Halandumon Tower →