Police still to solve murder of female taxi driver

first_img3 months later…no solid leads yet but probe still ongoing – CommanderAlmost three months ago, 47-year-old female taxi driver, Indira Bipat was murdered, her body dumped in a ditch at La Parfaite Harmonie, West Bank Demerara (WBD), and her vehicle stolen from the crime scene but to date, no one has been arrested.D Division Commander Edmond CooperMurdered: Indira BipatPolice Commander of D Division (West Bank Demerara-East Bank Essequibo), Edmond Cooper confirmed with Guyana Times on Monday that at present, there are no solid leads as to who is responsible for the woman’s demise and stealing her car, but that the investigation into the matter is still ongoing.He stated that this case will not be closed until the police nab the guilty party/parties.“We are still working on that. Nothing is really coming out right now. But those matters, I am dealing with myself, because I don’t like leaving any stones unturned in my area at all.”Commander Cooper reiterated that since the start of the case, investigators had been encountering some difficulties in nabbing the culprit(s) due to the manner in which the crime was executed.“Right now we are looking desperately for the vehicle, we have contacted the Guyana Revenue Authority (GRA), even viewed the surveillance camera at the Demerara Harbour Bridge to see if the car went across that side. We are in contact with all the Police Commanders to see if somebody in the various districts might have had a car [looking] like that one and probably changed their chassis number and such,” he had previously explained to this publication.On May 19 last, the body of Bipat, who was a part-time taxi driver, was found but the silver-grey Toyota Axio bearing registration number PXX 4114 that she was driving at the time of her death has disappeared.Bipat, of Lot 18 Samaroo Dam, Pouderoyen, WBD, had left her home at about 17:30h on May 18 last, in her family’s silver-grey Toyota Axio bearing registration number PXX 4114.After the woman failed to return home that evening and the following morning, her son told Guyana Times that he filed a missing person’s report at the Vreed-en-Hoop Police Station.While there, the young man revealed that he received a report from a female friend informing him that the body of a female had been found in a ditch at La Parfaite Harmonie.As such, the family rushed to the scene and their worst fears were confirmed.The post-mortem examination (PME) that was conducted on Bipat’s body revealed the cause of death as strangulation, compounded by blunt trauma to the head.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *